Lockhart Texas is the County seat for Caldwell County and is approximately 35 miles Southeast of Austin. People in Central Texas know that Lockhart earned the title of barbeque Capital of Texas being the home of four famous barbeque resturants Kruez, Smitty's, Balcks and Chisholm Trail Barbeque. According to the 2019 census Lockhart has a population of 13,652 and is rapidly growing. For many Lockhart is a destination with unique one of kind shops, friend people and the historic Lockhart Courthouse located on the square.
Lockhart Public Schools
Lockhart Independent School District currently serves approximately 6,160 students in the area.
- Blue Bonnet Elementary 211 S Mockingbird Lane 512.398.0900
- Clear Fork Elementary 1102 Clear Fork Street 512.398.0450
- Navarro Elementary 715 Media Street 512.398.0690
- Lockhart Junior High 500 City Line Road 512.398.0770
- Lockhart High School 906 Center Street 512.398.2019
Buying or Selling a Home in Lockhart
Buying or selling a home in the Lockhart area? Contact Allen Deaver of Asset Realty today to help with all your Residential Real Estate needs.